How to approve blog comments to improve website SEO rankings: 6 tips
We are going to discuss about blog commenting and its impact on website SEO rankings. Do you know comments on blogs are considered as the additional content on the page? If the blog post is 800 words and there are 200 words of comments in the comment section, it should be considered 1000 words. The comments on the website can improve the website. But one thing, you have to be very sure that comments can add some value. It should not be spam. In this blog, we will discuss how blog comments may impact your website SEO rankings.
Those comments which possess live links are relevant for SEO. If there are low-quality comments, then it can harm your on-page SEO. If there are some comments like “Thanks for posting this,” “Good Post,” these comments possess no keyword value. The website’s comments should be associated with your blog topic, which can add value to your topic. Altogether, for your blog comments to help your SEO, you need to view them as though they’re content that you created on your webpage. That implies removing the spam remarks and erasing any wrecked connections.
The advantages of blog comments for website SEO Rankings
There are some benefits if there are comments on your blog, as it can boost SEO. They provide a chance for LSI(Latent semantic indexing) Keywords. It acts as a synonym for main keywords. Due to this, your posts can appear in SERP. For example, if you write a post “How SEO is Relevant ?”. And immediately someone commented, SEO is very much important. Blog commenting allows you to get rank for that particular keyword.
Getting SEO Friendly Comments on Your Blog Post
“If you accept all the praise, you have to accept all the critics.”Chris Brogan
Now is the time to enable comments on your blogs. You can add them. There are a lot many options for adding SEO friendly comments to your blog posts.
- First of all, you can deploy enabling comments with the help of CMS. There are built-in comment systems in most of the blogs.
- Then you have to be very sure that you need to prevent the comments which are spam. If you are deploying the CMS like Tumblr, WordPress, Medium, move to the preference page and then on comment moderation.
- After that, you have to install comment spam plugins and tools which can filter spam comments automatically. With these spam comments, it would be easier for you to clean the unwanted comments.
- Moreover, you can also review old posts on your website. If in case there would be any spam comments there, you can delete them.
- Checking the website’s source code helps and makes you aware that your site’s comment form is “NoFollow.”
- Also, make sure to examine the comments of visitors for plagiarism. Remember, if the content is too long and linked to the page topic, it is copied from elsewhere. Don’t try to post such content as in any case, “Plagiarism is Plagiarism.”
How Spam Comments Affect Your Website SEO Ranking?
These kinds of comments can cause harm to your site in so many ways.
- Comments which are spam can create trust issues.
- Irrelevant comments can slow your site that eventually increases bandwidth costs.
- Google removes spam comments pages.
- Sometimes comments by spammers are copied from malicious sites that can adversely affect your users.
Always remember, quantity is not necessary; quality is necessary. If something is not adding any value to the website, it is unnecessary to add that. The comments which possess broken links can impact your website’s rankings adversely. If some old posts have irrelevant comments, don’t waste your single second removing that comment. In this blog, we have discussed how blog comments impact website SEO rankings. We hope this blog works for you. If you are having any issues, you can ask us in the comment section. Also, you can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter.